From H-Net Job Guide
Academia Sinica, Institute of Modern History
Research Fellow open rank, Modern History
Institution Type: College / University
Position: Research Professional
Institute of Modern History, Academia Sinica
1. Position: Researcher (open rank Research Fellow, Associate Research Fellow, or Assistant Research Fellow).
2. Field: Modern history.
3. Qualifications: Ph.D. (Taiwan or foreign); and ability in academic Chinese.
4. Application materials:
a. A detailed curriculum vitae (including field specializations and language abilities), and a complete list of academic publications.
b. A copy of the diploma for the highest degree received.
c. Copies of important publications (including Ph.D. dissertation) which should not exceed 5 copies. For foreign-language publications, please attach a Chinese abstract.
d. Three letters of recommendation.
e. A research plan (maximum five pages).
5. Application process: Please complete the IMH application form on-line (http://www.mh.sinica.edu.tw/PGSysResearchers_Apply.aspx). Also, please arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent directly via e-mail or regular mail by the recommendation-writers to Ms. I-hua Li, Secretariat Office, Institute of Modern History, Academia Sinica, 128 Academia Rd, Sec. 2, Nankang, Taipei 11529, Taiwan (email: email@example.com; tel.:886-2-2789-8299; fax: 886-2-2789-8221).
6. Deadline: By August 31, 2014.
7. Appointment procedures follow the “Organizational Regulations of the Institutes of Academia Sinica” and relevant appointment regulations.
Ms. I-hua Li,
Secretariat Office, Institute of Modern History, Academia Sinica,128 Academia Rd, Sec. 2, Nankang, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
Primary Category: Chinese History / Studies
Secondary Categories: Asian History / Studies, East Asian History / Studies,
World History / Studies
Posting Date: 07/01/2014
Closing Date: 08/31/2014