The Association for Asian Studies program committee is pleased to invite proposals for the AAS 2023 Annual Conference program.
We welcome organized panels, roundtables, workshops, and individual paper submissions across a range of topics that will advance knowledge about Asian regions and, by extension, will enrich teaching about Asia at all levels.
The AAS 2023 Annual Conference will be presented in two formats: In-Person and Virtual. Join us virtually, February 17-18, 2023, or in-person in Boston, MA, March 16-19, 2023.
As you work on your proposal, there are a few changes to the guidelines and format that we would like to share:
- Two Appearances Allowed: The AAS has updated our long-standing one appearance rule! We will now allow an individual to participate in up to two (2) sessions. However, only one paper presentation appearance is allowed. See the full list of parameters as posted in the General Submission Guidelines.
- Two Formats, Two Sets of Dates: We will once again include virtual sessions on the Annual Conference program. All accepted virtual sessions will take place over the course of two days on February 17-18, 2023. All sessions accepted for in-person presentations will appear in Boston, March 16-19, 2023. Virtual sessions will not take place over the in-person dates.
- New Virtual Presentation Rules: Please make sure to review the guidelines set forth for virtual format before confirming your preference on the submission application, including:
- We are unable to accommodate hybrid sessions. All sessions must be 100% virtual or 100% in-person.
- Changing session formats is not allowed (i.e., in-person to virtual, or vice versa).
- Need Assistance? Are you planning to submit a proposal for #AAS2023 but need more presenters? Are you interested in presenting and want to join a submission? Use our CFP 2023 Community Forum to share information about you work and find collaborators with shared interests. (This community discussion is open to both AAS members and the public; non-members must create an account.)
The primary goal of #AAS2023 is to highlight the richness and breadth of research in the field of Asian studies. Please feel free to contact the AAS with any questions at AASConference@asianstudies.org. We look forward to receiving your submissions!
Submission deadline: August 9, 2022, 5:00pm Eastern Time
Please see the complete Call for Proposals at the AAS conference website for full details and instructions: https://www.asianstudies.org/conference/call-for-proposals/