Call for papers - XXXVIII Conferenza scientifica annuale AISRe -
(XXXVIII Annual Conference of the Italian Regional Sciences Association)
Cagliari (Italy), 20-22 September 2017
Special Session #30: “Local entrepreneurship, tourism and territorial marketing in peripheral areas”
Alessandra Faggian - Gran Sasso Science Institute, L’Aquila, Italy
Maria Giulia Pezzi - Gran Sasso Science Institute, L’Aquila, Italy
Call for papers
The session welcomes papers that focus, from trans-disciplinary perspective, on discussing the linkages between local entrepreneurship, tourism and territorial marketing in peripheral areas, providing a wider reflection on the role of tradition and innovation in fostering local development, often able to turn economic peripheries into leisure cores. Contributions should be relying on relevant case studies able to shed light on local development strategies in peripheral areas in relation to tourism from a multidisciplinary perspective.
Presentations should focus on, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- The role of local entrepreneurship in peripheral areas’ tourism development policies;
- The possible ways in which tradition and innovation can influence tourists’ consumption of local products;
- Theoretical and practical approaches to the concept of peripherality in relation to tourism entrepreneurialism and peculiar tourism-niches (i.e. food tourism in rural areas);
- The “tourismification” of traditional, locally produced, goods in peripheral territorial assets;
- Key factors in the development of a tourism-led local entrepreneurship;
- Migrants’ forms of agency and their impact on local entrepreneurship in peripheral areas in relation to the leisure market;
- Tourists’ and locals’ perceptions of “authenticity” in regard to typical products in peripheral areas;
- Challenges of tourism promotion and regional development: the tradition-innovation nexus;
- Competitive strategies among local entrepreneurs in rural/peripheral areas tourism.
Abstracts of about 300/400 words should be sent to email@example.com by April 3rd 2017 and submitted through the conference website.