Call for papers
The Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures (Japanese Department) at the “Dimitrie Cantemir” Christian University, with the support of its collaborators from the University of Hyogo, Bucharest University of Economic Studies, the University of Tokyo, Akita University, and Kanda University of International Studies, is pleased to announce organizing the 9th iteration of the international conference “Japan: Pre-modern, Modern, and Contemporary,” to be held on September 2-4, 2022.
The topics of the conference include, but are not limited to:
* Literary studies
* History and (inter)cultural studies
* Language studies and linguistics
* Mythology and folklore
* Philosophy and history of ideas
There is no participation fee. This year’s conference will be held in a hybrid format, in Bucharest and on Zoom.
A selection of papers will be published in the Annals of the Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures of “Dimitrie Cantemir” Christian University (IDB indexed journal). http://aflls.ucdc.ro/en/
Guidelines for submission
1. The language for presentation will be English, but papers may also be given in Japanese, on condition that the presenter provides slides or detailed handouts in English. (発表言語：英語、または日本語。日本語の場合、英語による資料の配布・スライドの提供が望ましい。)
2. Individual presentations will be 20 minutes long, followed by 10 minutes for discussion with the floor; proposals should be up to 300 words (日本語による発表要旨の場合：500字程度). Each proposal should include the name, title, and affiliation of the presenter.
3. Panels should have at least three members (three presenters or two presenters and a discussant) and a maximum of four members (four presenters or three presenters and a discussant). Panel proposals should include the title of the panel and a general abstract of up to 300 words, plus a 250-word abstract for each paper (日本語による要旨の場合：パネルの全体要旨=500字程度、各自の要旨=350字程度). The name, title, and affiliation of each member should also be included.
4. The submission deadline is July 10. Selection results will be announced by July 20.
5. Please send your proposals as Word file or PDF attachments, and any inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Angela Drăgan (“Dimitrie Cantemir” Christian University, Bucharest)
* Magda Ciubăncan (Bucharest University of Economic Studies)
* Irina Holca (University of Tokyo)
* Carmen Tămaș (University of Hyogo)
* Roman Pașca (Akita University)
* Alexandra Mustățea (Kanda University of International Studies)