To strengthen the educational practices of international development studies faculty, the Tobias Center for Innovation in International Development at the Hamilton Lugar School for Global and International Studies at Indiana University Bloomington will hold a two-day, virtual workshop on June 7-8 from 10am-3pm ET. entitled "Innovative Practices and Pedagogies for Teaching Undergraduate International Development Studies."
This workshop will include interactive and engaging presentations that share new and innovative approaches to teaching development studies to undergraduate students. Potential topics could include:
- Best practices for online learning
- Decolonizing your pedagogy
- The possibilities of virtual exchanges
- Bringing reflexive practices into the classroom
- Bridging theory and practice in the field of IDS
- Employing partnerships with development organizations in the classroom
- Case studies of different approaches to teaching development studies
Workshop participants are expected to both present at the workshop and attend all sessions, and they will receive a stipend of $750.00 for their participation. Participation will be capped at 20 people.