Call for Nominations – EXTENDED DEADLINE
Executive Council of the International Water History Association
The International Water History Association (IWHA) is seeking self-nominations from individuals interested in running for positions on its Executive Council. The Executive Council is the governing body of the Association, managing its business, assets, and activities. Elections will be held in the spring of 2017, and newly elected council members will begin their terms at the Association’s upcoming bi-annual Water History Conference, to be held in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA, June 15-17, 2017.
The Association will be holding elections for the following positions:
- President (2-year term)
- Vice-President (2-year term, after which the Vice-President will succeed to the presidency)
- Secretary (6-year term)
- Treasurer (6-year term)
- At-Large Members (2 open positions, 4-year terms)
For more about these positions, see the IWHA website: http://www.iwha.net/council
Candidates wishing to run for a position must meet two of the following requirements:
1. Involvement in at least one IWHA conference.
2. Experience researching and/or publishing in the field of water history. Involvement in the IWHA journal of Water History (as a reviewer, author, editor) is a plus.
3. Active in relevant scholarly networks (water history or water studies, environmental history, water policy, etc.).
If you wish to run for a position, please send a self-nomination to Dr. Matthew Bender, at-large member of the Council and member of the Nominations Committee, no later than February 1, 2017. Be sure to include the following:
- A short bio with your name and affiliation
- A statement of no more than 200 words explaining your interest in the position, as well as your background, qualifications, and how you meet at least 2 of the above requirements. This statement will appear on the election ballot and will serve to inform voters about you.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The IWHA Nominating Committee
- Matthew Bender, The College of New Jersey (email@example.com)
- Heather Hoag, University of San Francisco (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Terje Østigård, The Nordic African Institute, (Terje.Ostigard@nai.uu.se)