Happy Belated New Year, Everyone.
If you haven't done so already, we are hoping you will take a few minutes to fill out the survey on the site to tell us about your specific interests in postal history. (Please do this even if some of this information is in your profile or an earlier email because the survey will allow us to create a spreadsheet. This information will not be shared unless you approve.) We are also hoping some of you will be willing to undertake one or more of the following:
1) Write an object blog. We'd like to publish them at regular intervals. (You can find information on these on the website under the Blog – Object Blog tabs.)
2) Consider becoming the community's book review editor.
3) Share a thematic bibliography or add to one. We've just posted a bibliography of materials that looks at stamps as the carriers of political messages. As people send us additions, we can add them to the bibliographies.
4) Contribute a link to an online resource you believe will be of interest to others.
5) Take a stab at defining 'postal history'.
6) Let us know about exhibits or public programs of interest.
7) Review the full range of categories under the Resource tab and help us flesh them out.
8) Encourage your colleagues working in postal history to join the over 80 specialists already subscribed.
The Editors, H-Postal History