Golson Media has an opportunity for you on H-Peace that we feel you will be interested in.
We are inviting academic editorial contributors to The SAGE Encyclopedia of Surveillance, Security, and Privacy, a new 4 volume reference. Although surveillance has been dominating headlines with revelations by Edward Snowden that the NSA has been tracking phone calls worldwide, surveillance of citizens by their governments actually has been conducted for centuries. The SAGE Encyclopedia of Surveillance, Security, and Privacy includes approximately 700 articles organized A-Z in the following categories:
- Digital Cultures, Cyber-Communities, and Simulated Selves
- Ethical Issues and Research Directions in Surveillance, Security, and Privacy
- History and Philosophy of Surveillance Studies
- Industries and Institutions of Surveillance and/or Security
- Place, Space, and the Body
- Security, Civil Liberties, and the Law
- Security, Governance, and Democracy
- Surveillance and Everyday Life
- Surveillance, Identity, and Controlling Populations
- Surveillance, Security, and Privacy around the World
- Tools, Practices, and Decisions of Surveillance and Security Politics
- Trade in Surveillance, the Business of Security, and Strategies of Dissent
Additionally, please see the small sample of entries below:
- Amnesty International
- Anti-War Movement (global)
- Anti-War Movement (history in U.S.)
- Bill of Rights
- Camp David Accord
- Civil Rights
- Nuclear Treaties
- Nuclear War
- Peace Agreements
- Peace Movement
- Peace Studies
- Peace Talks
Published by SAGE Reference in 2016, the encyclopedia features approximately 700 entries organized A-Z across 4 volumes. The encyclopedia will be available in a choice of electronic or print formats. Each 1,000- to 5,000-word article will be signed by the contributor. The General Editor, who will be reviewing each submission to the project, is Dr. Bruce Arrigo, University of North Carolina, Charlotte.
We are currently making assignments with a deadline of November 1, 2014.
If you are interested in contributing to this cutting-edge reference, it is a unique opportunity to contribute to the contemporary literature, redefining sociological issues in today’s terms. Moreover, it can be a notable publication addition to your CV/resume and broaden your publishing credits. SAGE Publications offers an honorarium ranging from SAGE book credits for smaller articles up to a free set of the printed product for contributions totaling 10,000 words or more.
The list of available articles is already prepared, and as a next step we will e-mail you the article list (Excel file) from which you can select topics that best fit your expertise and interests. Additionally, style and submission guidelines will be provided that detail article specifications.
If you would like to contribute to building a truly outstanding reference with The SAGE Encyclopedia of Surveillance, Security, and Privacy, please contact me. Please provide your CV or a brief summary of your academic/publishing credentials in related disciplines.