AMECYS Call for Papers:
Graduate Student Paper Prize
Submissions deadline: Friday, March 15, 2019
The Association of Middle East Children’s and Youth Studies (AMECYS) calls graduate students engaged in the study of children and youth in the region to submit their papers to the AMECYS graduate student paper prize. A cash prize of $100 will be awarded to the winner at the Middle East Studies Association (MESA) of North America’s annual meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana, November 14-17, 2019.
Papers can be submitted in any capacity that aligns with AMECYS’ mission statement:
The AMECYS is a private, non-profit, international association for scholars with an interest in the study of children and youth in the Middle East, North Africa and their diasporic communities. Through interdisciplinary programs, publications, and services, AMECYS promotes innovative scholarship, facilitates global academic exchange, and enhances public understanding about Middle Eastern children and youth in diverse times and places.
Requirements for submission:
- Papers should not exceed 7,500 (excluding bibliographies and endnotes)
- The paper should never have been submitted for publication
- The format needs to include: Standard font, Double-spaced, 1” margins, IJMES standards for endnotes and transliteration
- Registered member of AMECYS
- Proof of registered graduate student enrolment for the 2018-2019 academic year may be requested at a later date
Send submissions as a pdf or word doc to Dylan.email@example.com.
The AMECYS program chair and two AMECYS board members will review all papers submitted by members of AMECYS that are received by the deadline of Friday, March 15.
For any queries, email AMECYS program chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.