Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
James W. Scott Regional Research Fellowships – Applications for 2017
The James W. Scott Regional Research Fellowships promote awareness and innovative use of archival collections at Western Washington University, and seek to forward scholarly understandings of the Pacific Northwest. Fellowship funds are awarded in honor of the late Dr. James W. Scott, a founder and first Director of the Center for Pacific Northwest Studies, and a noted scholar of the Pacific Northwest region. Up to $1000 funding is offered in 2017 to support significant research using archival holdings at WWU’s Center for Pacific Northwest Studies (CPNWS), a unit of Western Libraries Heritage Resources.
- Applications are accepted from individuals in doctoral programs as well as individuals who have finished the PhD.
- Successful applicants will be expected to spend approximately one week examining CPNWS holdings in support of their research, and to be in residence prior to October 31, 2017. Additional information about CPNWS and detailed guides to collections may be accessed at: http://library.wwu.edu/cpnws
- Fellows will be asked to give a presentation about some aspect of their research during the course of their scheduled visit. The audience will vary depending on the time of the year, but may include members of the general public as well as students, faculty and staff from WWU.
- Applications will be reviewed after October 31, 2016, with announcements of awards expected in November 2016. The number and size of awards granted annually is determined by the application review committee.
- Applications may be submitted via mail or electronically and should include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research plan outlining on-site use of CPNWS holdings and proposed presentation topic.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Please send applications via email to Ruth.Steele@wwu.edu or by mail to Ruth Steele, Center for Pacific Northwest Studies, Western Libraries Heritage Resources, Western Washington University, Bellingham WA 98225-9123. Please enter “Scott Research Fellowship Application” in the subject line of email applications.
- Funds will be awarded after a Fellow(s) has conducted research at CPNWS and delivered their presentation.
- Fellowship awards may be subject to taxation in accordance with the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Applicants are advised that they may need a U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (i.e. SSN or ITIN) to receive funds.
Ruth Steele, Archivist, Center for Pacific Northwest Studies, Western Libraries Heritage Resources, Western Washington University MS 9123, Bellingham, WA 98225.