Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
Women Advocates Research and Documentation Center (WARDC) in collaboration with Women’s Research and Documentation Center (WORDOC), Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan is organizing African Gender Equality Conference (AGEC) under the auspices of the annual Womanifesto Dialogue marking 16 days of activism on violence against women which will bring together selected gender researchers and Non-Governmental organizations (NGOs) to discuss pertinent issues that contribute to development, policy and community based problem solving. The conference would hold on the 29th and 30th of November 2021.
The Editorial Board of the African Gender Equality Conference invites scholars, academics, students and researchers to submit proposals to the Editorial board of the African Gender Equality Conference. The maiden edition of this conference offers researchers the opportunity to not only present their research at the conference but papers presented would be published in the African Gender Equality Journal. The conference would be a hybrid of virtual and physical attendance. The Board is looking for a broad range of topics related to Gender dimensions of (In) security in Africa
The streams include but are not limited to
- Legal frameworks on peace and security
- Women Participation and (In)Security
- Gender based violence in conflict context
- Human Rights and (In)security
- Socio-economic rights of women and conflict
- Women and War
- Women, Media and In (security)
- Sexual and reproductive health rights in conflict situations
- Women and the Politics of (In)security
- Nigeria Constitution, peace and security
- Reframing human rights in times of conflict
- Safety and security of school girls
- Transnational Solidarity in Gender and (In)security
- Feminist organizing in conflict
The AGEC will be publishing articles therefore submissions should not exceed 6000 words.
A short abstract with no longer than 250 words and a bio of 100 words should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Include your provisional title, name, address, contact details, institutional affiliation and type of paper being submitted.
Deadline for abstracts: 1st October 2021. Communication of accepted abstracts: 10th October 2021.
Power point presentations must be submitted by 7th November 2021.
Women's Research and Documentation Center, Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan