Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
The Research Platform Mobile Cultures and Societies, University of Vienna, invites to
Entangled Im/Mobilities: Perspectives from the Humanities and Social Sciences
Academic conference, 18-20 March 2021, Online
The conference covers a wide variety of topics and combines reflections from the humanities and the social sciences. One of its biggest aims is to explore how a nuanced view of entangled im/mobilities could reveal complex relations of meaning, shaped by geographic, cultural, historical and material contexts. Furthermore, seeing mobility as closely entangled with immobility, a number of participants will explore how mobilities and immobilities interact and are co-produced.
The program includes twelve panel discussions, keynote lectures by Sara Upstone and Peter Adey, film screenings and a virtual art presentation, all open to the public upon registration.
To find out more about the conference program and how to register, visit: https://entangled-mobilities.univie.ac.at/. We would be happy to see you in our virtual space!
Read on for the list of panels:
1. Von anderen Mobilitäten: Verkörperungen und Narrative zwischen Stillegung und Mobilisierung (in German)
2. Conceptualizing Entangled Im/Mobilities in Diverse Contexts
3. “Points of Entanglement” in and beyond the Caribbean
4. Entangled Im/Mobilities in and from Africa: Of Hubs, Networks and Literary Paths Abroad
5. Entangled Inequalities: Intersectional Approaches towards Public Health Crises
6. On the Move: Unraveling the Entanglements of Nonhuman Mobilities
7. Mobility Justice? Entangled Im/Mobilities in Climate and Environmental Change
8. Entangled Im/Mobilities in and from Africa: Of Journeys Spiritual, Accidental, Competitive and Shared
9. Shaping Im/Mobilities: Entanglements of Architecture, Infrastructure and Meaning
10. Im/Mobilities in the Experiences of Refugees, Asylum-Seekers and Migrants
11. Im/Mobilities in the Planetary Now: Migration and Diaspora in World Cinema
12. Transnational and Translingual Im/Mobilities
Research Platform Mobile Cultures and Societies
PhD Student, Department of African Studies
University of Vienna