The Editorial Committee of the International Oral History Association invites submissions to the 2020-2021 issue of Words and Silences/Palabras y Silencios, the online journal of IOHA.
We invite authors to submit articles, unpublished papers, essays, case studies, work-in-progress research reports, or other curated work around the topic “Oral History and Space.” Here are some ideas to consider:
- Case studies about oral history related to/with spaces, broadly defined
- Reflections on the impact of location and space on memory
- Reflections on the impact of location and space on oral history interviewing
- The surprising ways space is interwoven into narrative
- Experience and phenomenology of space
- The relationships between space and geography, or how spatial categories – like center/periphery and North/Global South – affect oral history production
- Oral history applications and platforms as spaces of engagement
Deadline for submissions: March 1, 2021
Words and Silences/Palabras y Silencios is the Digital Edition Journal of the International Oral History Association. It includes articles from a wide range of disciplines and is a means for the professional community to share projects and current trends of oral history from around the world. Formerly a print journal, IOHA continues the publication as an open access, online publication space for exchange of research and practice.
For more information, including Guidelines for Submitting and to view past issues, please see our website.