This week, the sixth video in our Defining HAS Video series, is by Lisa Kemmerer, Professor of Philosophy and Religions at Montana State University, who has defined "animal," a term she has coined. Find it here!
And don't forget to check out our other videos in the series!
- Naming the Field by Ken Shapiro
- Anthrozoology by Anthony Podberscek
- Speciesism by Peter Singer
- Intersectionality by Corey Wrenn
- Animal Rights vs. Animal Welfare by David Favre
We have tried to be as comprehensive as possible, and to make the listing easier for students to navigate, but I know that some of you are teaching courses that we don't yet know about.
Please email me at email@example.com with additions or changes. Thank you!
Margo DeMello, PhD • Program Director, Human Animal Studies
Animals & Society Institute • Where knowledge and science meet ethics and compassion
Tel: (503) 576-1511