Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
Call for Papers for multidisciplinary Congress and Book published by Routledge.
This Call is part of a project that includes an annual international and multidisciplinary Congress (PHI) and the publication of accepted papers. Due to COVID pandemia, Congresses were canceled in the last 2 years, but we published PHI books. There are, so far, 7 PHI books: the first 3 outside the series (http://hdl.handle.net/10362/14820, https://www.routledge.com/Utopias---Worlds-and-Frontiers-of-the-Imaginar..., https://www.routledge.com/Progresses-Theories-and-Practices-Proceedings-...), 3 in the first series (https://www.routledge.com/PHI/book-series/PHI), and, starting with PHI 2021 (forthcoming), all PHI books will be published by Routledge in open access (CC BY-NC 4.0)
Editor of PHI series (Routledge)
Call for abstract and full paper
8th INTERNATIONAL MULTIDISCIPLINARY CONGRESS PHI 2022
“TIME AND SPACE.”
Faculdade de Arquitetura do Porto, Portugal from 6th to 8th October 2022
CHAM - Center for the Humanities, Faculty of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities, NOVA University of Lisbon, the School of Architecture of the Lisbon University (FAUL), and the Faculty of Architecture - University of Porto (FA-UP) invite researchers from different scientific fields and cultures to gather at the Faculty of Architecture - University of Porto (FA-UP), October 6th to 8th, 2022, at the 8th International and Multidisciplinary Congress PHI 2022, under the theme “TIME AND SPACE.”
The Congress aims to bring together researchers from all scientific fields to explore and discuss TIME AND SPACE concepts. The two concepts are in constant dialectic and impact every area of human activities. The fluid dynamics that TIME AND SPACE establish determine the form and timing of transformations in how we perceive the world, one another, and ourselves. The balance and unbalance they originate and the ideas they give rise to are essential to the evolution of knowledge, societies, and cultures. In a way, the two concepts may reveal potential future or become the origin of conflicts, embryos of revolutions.
The PHI 2022 organizers thus launch a challenge to the scientific community from all research fields to engage actively in a multidisciplinary discussion with the concepts TIME AND SPACE as core points.
Only full original articles, written in English (American spelling), will be accepted. All submitted papers MUST contain a reflection on one or both concepts listed above. Articles must be original and cannot have been submitted at similar conferences. Reproductions of previously published texts will be rejected.
All articles will be subjected to double-blind peer review and an assessment of linguistic adequacy, performed by language specialists and in a “blind” system. Articles accepted after the triple evaluation will be included in an e-book. The publication will be part of the PHI Series (https://www.routledge.com/PHI/book-series/PHI), published in Open Access (CC BY-NC 4.0) by Routledge.
• Congress and Publication official language: English
• Natural Sciences
• Social Sciences
• Urban Planning
- The proposals of full papers will undergo a double-blind peer review.
- All full papers must be written/submitted in Standard American English.
- The deadline to submit the full paper, including its abstract and keywords, is February 28th, 2022 (first call). The Second Call starts on March 1st and ends on March 31st. NO PAPER WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER MARCH 31ST, 2022.
- All files should be submitted to the official platform (HERE)
- The Scientific Committee will send the acceptance of communications, based on the double-blind peer-review system, until the end of April 2022.
- The final full version of the accepted papers must be resubmitted no later than May 20th, 2022. After this day, the papers will not be included in the book.
- The articles MUST contain an original reflection on the concepts “TIME AND SPACE.”
- The Full Papers must be original, not previously published or submitted to other scientific meetings, and must follow the congress template format and the instructions.
- A short curriculum, up to 100 words, from the proposer must be submitted as well.
- The Full Paper document must include its abstract and keywords and must be submitted in Microsoft Word and PDF.
- All files must be identified with the author’s name and content (ex: a.silva_paper.doc; a.silva_paper.pdf)
NOTE: Regardless of the scientific relevance of the paper presented, it will not be accepted if it fails linguistic quality. The Organizing Committee will not be responsible for any linguistic revision. Therefore, all authors are responsible for the correction of their texts BEFORE SUBMITTING them.
Maria do Rosário Monteiro
Organizing Committee PHI 2022