Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
We’re very excited to invite proposals for Digitorium 2021, a multi-disciplinary Digital Humanities conference held at the University of Alabama from October 7-9, 2021. We seek proposals from a range of people including those who are brand new in the field of digital humanities, experienced scholars, practitioners, students, and anybody in-between to create an inclusive environment where everybody can learn something from each other. Proposals should demonstrate how we as digital humanists can engage with communities and our scholarship in new and innovative ways using digital methods.
This year, our theme is “Diversity in Digital Humanities.” How can we use DH to reach diverse audiences? How is DH taught and by whom to whom? How is DH helping to be more inclusive and diverse, and how can we do better? What stories can be told using DH? We welcome creativity in your proposals! If you have any questions about whether your proposal might fit, please contact us at email@example.com.
Participants can submit proposals that engage with one of the following:
- presentations that use digital methods to further scholarship in established fields or highlight new and exciting areas in their research subjects.
- presentations on utilizing digital methods to engage the public through institutions such as universities, libraries, and museums.
- presentations on using digital methods for innovative approaches to teaching at any level.
Presentations include a variety of formats for the conference, but they are not limited to those listed below. For example, presentations could be:
- 20 minute papers
- Workshops where the presenter teaches a digital method or tool (let us know what the specifications are for the workshop)
- Completed or in-progress project demonstrations
- Panel discussions
All proposals should be made via the Submissions page
Feel free to contact the ADHC at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please visit our website for more information as it becomes available regarding Digitorium 2021. Digitorium 2021 will likely have a hybrid model, but this is subject to change.