Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
During the war with Russia, Ukrainian cultural institutions, museums, and galleries challenge problems of preserving the national heritage, protecting against destruction, and further restoration processes. Various organisations around the world have experience in preserving and restoring cultural heritage in the face of active fighting, and the practice gained in Ukraine should be fixed for us and our descendants. Therefore, the editors of the Text and Image journal call for papers, essays, and reviews for a special issue (June 2022) that may relate to
· preservation of cultural heritage during the war;
· assessment of damage to cultural heritage during conflicts;
· the historical experience of preservation of cultural values in the conditions of war;
· restoration and reconstruction of heritage;
· relocation of heritage and restitution of valuables;
· electronic systems and databases for heritage preservation;
· the role of culture in the conditions of war, generalized reviews of exhibitions, concerts, and actions in support of Ukraine during the Russian-Ukrainian war.
Please send your materials through the website https://txim.history.knu.ua/ in accordance with the requirements by May 31, 2022.
Oleksandr Okrimenko, PhD, managing editor
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
Art History Department