Still Seeking NJ 1950s Artifacts
As I posted here previously, I am helping curate an exhibit for the Cornelius Low House in Piscataway, NJ focusing on New Jersey in the 1950s. While our ‘call for artifacts’ brought many great responses, there are still some holes, so I am putting out a more focused request for display items relating to:
- New Jersey supermarkets: bags, shopping carts, cash registers, advertisements, displays, from area supermarkets in the 1950s
- Kitchen: We have a table but would be interested in an oven range or refrigerator
- Fallout shelter supplies: We had contemplated a mock-up of a fallout shelter interior with examples of supplies one would find like cots, bedding, packaged foods, etc.
- Television shows: Were there any TV shows broadcast from NJ in the 1950s?
- Car culture: Ephemera from any of the auto racing tracks, trophies, etc.; Maybe an iconic part from a 1950s car - hubcaps, fins, steering wheels; ephemera from drive-in movie theaters in NJ - posters, speakers, ads
We are looking to have all display items in-hand by the end of January 2019. The exhibit will run between April 2019 and July 2020. We are able to pick up items if needed.
If you have any of these items or know of someone, please contact me at: email@example.com