CALL FOR PAPERS
The Historical Society of Southern California
2018 Annual Conference
“From the Cold War to the Space Race: Science, Technology, and Society in Southern California”
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
February 10, 2018
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
¨ The Cold War
¨ The development of aerospace in southern California
¨ Post-WW2 politics and society
¨ Science and technology’s influence on the institutions, industries, traditions, and people
¨ Medicine in southern California
¨ Hollywood and how film has shaped American ideas about space
* Proposals for full panels encouraged.
* Those submitting panel or roundtable proposals should include a brief (100-word) description of the panel, a 250-word abstract for each presentation, and a one-page c.v. for each participant.
* Those submitting individual papers should include a 250-word abstract and a one-page c.v.
* AV requests should be included for each presenter in the proposal.
* All program participants will be expected to pre-register for the conference.
* Proposals are due Friday, September 1, 2017, by 11:59PM PT.
* Please email your proposal information to email@example.com.
* Panelists will be notified by Friday, November 3, 2017.
* Contact HSSC Executive Director Amy Essington at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.