The 2020 Northeast Popular Culture Association (NEPCA) will host its annual conference this fall on Friday, October 23-Saturday, October 24 at the Southern New Hampshire University in Manchester, New Hampshire. We are looking forward to another engaging and rewarding conference for new and seasoned members alike. We are seeking proposals for panels and presentations for this year’s conference.
NEPCA prides itself on holding conferences that emphasize sharing ideas in a non-competitive and supportive environment. We welcome proposals from graduate students, junior faculty, and senior scholars. NEPCA conferences offer intimate and nurturing sessions in which new ideas and works-in-progress can be aired, as well as completed projects.
This year, we are offering a Special Topics area: Disney Studies. This area invites submissions from scholars and independent researchers for topics related to Disney. The intent behind this area is to foster dialogue about an entertainment corporation that has seeped and inspired many facets of popular culture. Submission topics are welcome for any Disney-related topic, including but not limited to:
- Theme Parks and hyperreality
- Animation (films, process)
- Princesses, Pirates, and everything in between
- Walt Disney
- Imagineering and urban planning
- Disney+, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, The Wonderful World of Disney
- DisneyNature, the True Life Adventures, and Ecology
- Diversity and Disney Hegemony
- NOTE: Proposals for acquired properties (e.g. Star Wars, The Muppets) are welcome, but need to connect to Disney.
For more information, visit the NEPCA Conference Page.