The Graduate History Association (GHA) at Vanderbilt University invites proposals from current graduate students for papers that investigate the ways in which notions of “public” and “private” have been constructed historically. Proposals may explore this relationship in any number of ways, including but not limited to:
- Government, the state, and civil life
- Commerce, trade, and the market
- Media, consumption, and the creation of publics
- Associational life and civic society
- Identity and subjectivity
Graduate students in any discipline are welcome to apply, and panel proposals will also be accepted.
Please submit proposals of 250 to 300 words, along with a one-page CV, to Jonathan Dusenbury (email@example.com) by Monday, January 9, 2017.