Full details of this position are available on the H-Net Job Guide at the following link: https://www.h-net.org/jobs/job_display.php?id=55860
Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Southeast Asian Studies
at Sogang University
- Spring Semester 2018 –
PARTICULARS OF APPOINTMENT
- The Institute for East Asian Studies at Sogang University invites applications from qualified scholars in Southeast Asian Studies for a tenure-track position for the Humanities Korea project (funded by the National Research Foundation of Korea).
2. Application: the online application opens from 18 October 10:00 am to 26 October 2017, 13:00 pm (Korea Standard Time). We will only consider those applicants who successfully complete their online application forms and submit required documents (both via email/online and registered post) by 26 October 2017, 13:00 pm (Korea Standard Time) for the selection process. Please visit the webpages http://professor.sogang.ac.kr and http://sieas.sogang.ac.kr for the details.
- The person appointed will be required to:
- have formally completed his or her PhD (or its equivalent) by 28 February 2018;
- have at least three published works (including journal articles, book chapters, etc.) by 28 February 2018;
- contribute to the publication of TRaNS (Trans –Regional and –National Studies of Southeast Asia) - published by Cambridge University Press for SIEAS.
- commence his or her appointment on 1 March 2018 – with no possibility of deferment.
- Salary and benefits:
- Salary will start approximately in the range from USD 44,000 to 50,000 per annum depending on the appointee’s previous experience – which will be paid in Korean Won
- In addition to salary:
- Benefits including medical insurance, pension, worker’s compensation schemes, and severance/retirement pay will be provided by University.
- University will cover the costs for moving expenses maximum of three million Korean Won – reimburse in Korean Won.
- For the on-campus housing, the first year rent will be provided (all utilities included) or for the off-campus housing, deposit of 20 million Korean Won for two years would be covered.