Full details of this position are available on the H-Net Job Guide at the following link: https://www.h-net.org/jobs/job_display.php?id=58731
Posting Date: 07/15/2019
Closing Date: 08/21/2019
Center for Southeast Asian Area Studies, Kyoto University seeks applicants for a full professorship position
in the field of human and social sciences on the maritime Southeast Asia.
The details are as follows:
A. Work Location: Center for Southeast Asian Area Studies, Kyoto University
（Address: 46, Shimoadachi-cho, Yoshida Sakyo-ku, Kyoto）
B. Job Information: The employed professor will be responsible for working under the CSEAS research mission and promoting joint-research projects.
C. Qualification Requirements: CSEAS encourages applications from researchers of international repute who specialize in the society, culture and history of maritime Southeast Asia and beyond and who have experience in field-based study using the vernacular language and experience in leading international and multidisciplinary joint projects. The applicant is expected to take a leading role in further internationalizing the Center. Working knowledge of Japanese is desirable.
D. Starting Date: April 1, 2020 or later
E. Employment Status: Tenured
F. Probation Period: 6 months
G. Hours and Holiday: Discretionary Labor System for Professional Work. (7 h 45 min/day, 38 h 45 min/week.）
H. Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, National holidays, University Founding Day, Summer Holidays (August 13 to 15) and Year-end and New Year holidays (Dec. 29 to Jan. 3)
I. Salary and Allowance: To be determined in accordance with Kyoto University regulations.
J. Social Insurance: MEXT Mutual Association of Health Insurance, employee pension insurance, employment insurance, and industrial accident compensation insurance.
K. Application Method:
Please send by mail the materials listed below (1)-(7). On the front side of the envelope, please write in red ink “Application for Professor Position (Human and Social Sciences)''.
・Alternatively, please send by e-mail the materials listed below (1)-(7) as PDF files. If submitting by e-mail, in the subject line, please include the line “Application for Professor Position (Human and Social Sciences)”.
・You can write in any format.
1) A curriculum vitae including e-mail address, postal mail address, education records starting from high school, professional career records, doctoral degrees and awards.
2) List of publications (Specify five major articles and/or two major books)
(1)Refereed journal papers
(2)Refereed international conference proceedings
3) Up to five reprints or copies of major articles and/or two major books with summaries (maximum 320 words) of each article or book (copies will not be returned)
4) Summary of research activities related to Job Information (free form, within two A4 pages)
5) A summary of plans to promote international collaborative research in collaboration with researchers with different disciplines. (free format, within two A4 pages)
6) A list of research grants and external funds received. Include the names of the funds, project titles, amounts received, periods of research, and allocated amounts (if not the principal researcher)
7) Two references (name, affiliation, positions, and contact address)
(Where to Submit）
Prof. Yoko Hayami, Center for Southeast Asian Area Studies, Kyoto University
46, Shimoadachi-cho, Yoshida Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, 606-8501 JAPAN
Email: 430koubo @ mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Deadline: August 21, Wednesday, 2019 Deadline for receipt