Full details of this position are available on the H-Net Job Guide at the following link: https://www.h-net.org/jobs/job_display.php?id=56410
The ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute is a regional research centre dedicated to the study of socio-political, security and economic trends and developments in Southeast Asia and its wider geostrategic and economic environment.
The ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute’s (ISEAS) Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre (NSC) invites Archaeologists to apply for the post of:
- Prepare and conduct the annual NSC Field School for undergraduate-level students in a Southeast Asian country.
- In-charge of editing and soliciting papers for the Archaeological Report Series.
- Conduct and publish original archaeological research on Southeast Asia while at NSC.
- Assist NSC in the organisation and management of conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Contribute to ISEAS collective research and public outreach efforts.
- A PhD. in Archaeology
- Expertise in Southeast Asian archaeology and/or premodern history.
- Experience in conducting archaeological excavations or field work in Southeast Asia.
- Good organisational and student-management skills.
- High level of editorial and writing skills in English.
- Ability to speak a Southeast Asian language preferred.
- Positive work attitude, great communication skills, and ability to work under tight schedule.
A remuneration package commensurate with experience and ability will be provided. Contract for two years with option for renewal. Those interested are invited to submit a cover letter; updated CV; research proposal; two sample writings; and two reference letters to:
Senior Manager (HR),
ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute,
30 Heng Mui Keng Terrace,
Or email to email@example.com
by the closing date of 31 March 2018.
Posting Date: 02/07/2018
Closing Date: 03/31/2018