Call for Papers - Papers for a Panel on Indonesian Media
Conference: AIFIS-MSU Conference on Indonesian Studies
Conference Date: July 11-15, 2023
Abstract Deadline: Saturday, April 1, 2023
We are pleased to announce an opening on a panel focused on the media in Indonesia currently being planned for the virtual AIFIS-MSU Conference on Indonesian Studies scheduled to take place on July 11-15, 2023. We encourage scholars both in Indonesia and the West, particularly graduate students and early career scholars, to submit an abstract for the panel. The panel will be focused broadly on the core subject of the use of media and media relations in Indonesia.
We encourage the submission of abstracts on, but not limited to, the following media related topics:
1. The role of social media in modern Indonesian society.
2. The use of media by the Indonesian government or non-government entities within Indonesia.
3. Media use by outside organizations and governments attempting to influence politics, events, or popular culture within Indonesia.
4. Comparative analysis of media outlets and relations across various regions or sections of society in Indonesia.
5. Analysis of the effect of the media (newspaper, radio, television, etc.) on colonial or post-colonial Indonesian society.
Abstract submissions should include a title, an abstract of no more than 300 words and a brief biography (name, institutional affiliation, and email contact). Please submit abstracts to email@example.com no later than April 1st, 2023.
Department of History
University of Wisconsin-Madison