Could you please share this reminder about the Lao Studies Conference? The deadline for submissions is May 31st. This is Australian time, so for many the close date will fall on the 30th. We are only a small conference so currently we do not intend to extend the call for submissions. Therefore, if people are interested in presenting work at this conference, they will need to submit by the due date to be sure their proposals will be considered.
Sam Hoang (Alfred Deakin Institute)
Conference Announcement - 7th International Conference on Lao Studies (15 - 18 November 2022)
The Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation (ADI), Deakin University and the Center for Lao Studies (CLS) are pleased to announce that the Seventh International Conference on Lao Studies (ICLS7) will be held on November 15-18, 2022, with the theme Science, society, and healthy futures.
It will be the first online Lao Studies Conference. The main objective of the conference is to provide an international forum for scholars and practitioners to present and discuss any research that is directly concerned with Laos.
- Online performance and dance lesson by Fang Lao contemporary dance
- Online art show featuring contemporary Lao artists and art talks
- Comprehensive academic program
- Film screening and talks
- Easy-to-access and interactive keynote addresses
- Sessions accessible to people from all time zones
- Limited space for a small face-to-face gathering hosted at Alfred Deakin Institute, Geelong, Australia.
Please visit the conference website for further information.
Key conference deadlines are as follows:
- 31st May 2022: Abstract, panel and laboratory submissions
- 15th June 2022: Notifications of acceptance
- 14th August 2022: Early bird registrations close.
You are also welcome to forward this message to any appropriate colleagues and/or groups whose contributions would further promote the interdisciplinary growth of all the various disciplines and creative arts represented in our conferences.
Thank you for your time, and we look forward to your contribution.
ICLS7 Organizing Committee