Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
The first edition of the Palgrave Handbook of Global Social Problems is currently published by Palgrave Macmillan, United Kingdom in multiple formats: print, static electronic, and live electronic. Palgrave Handbooks are intended to offer authoritative and up-to-date surveys of original research in a particular subject area, with essays giving critical examinations of the progress and direction of debates, as well as a foundation for future research.
We are dedicating an entire section for contributions dealing with COVID and its impact across the globe. We invite authors from different disciplines to address the issues faced by contemporary society during and after COVID 19. We aim to collaborate with the researchers from as many countries as possible. More than 400 authors with similar ideas and practices from 80+ countries are already collaborating to contribute to the phenomenal first edition of the Handbook of Global Social Problems.
This project is part of Springer’s prestigious Major Reference Works publishing program known as SpringerReference. Titles are published online-first and then in print.
Submission requirements: submit a one paragraph abstract (Word or PDF) by February 25, 2021 to email@example.com Please give the subject header as ‘Handbook Proposal- PHGSP’; full chapter must be at least 6000 and maximum 10,000 words (including references); Submission deadlines for full chapters to be agreed between authors and the editor-in-chief. For more information on themes covered in this MRW and submission guidelines including FAQs please visit the project webpage- https://meteor.springer.com/hgsp
If interested in contributing, please contact:
Editor-in-Chief: Dr. Rajendra Baikady Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the following unique features of this handbook while preparing your entry for the submission-
- The Handbook contains tertiary content: digested and accepted knowledge, reflexive pieces on the approaches, findings, evolutions and trends in a particular research field. It provides an up-to-date survey of the state of the discipline including chapters on the most important concepts, empirical research and emerging and cutting edge areas.
- Chapters are commissioned especially for the purposes of the handbook, innovative and NEW (i.e. a handbook shouldn’t contain previously published material).
- Not introductory – chapters should assume a certain level of knowledge of a particular subject area. Aimed at post‐graduate level and upwards although undergraduates may also find a useful reference tool.
- Comprehensive –the chapter should ideally be between 5,000 and 10,000 words.
- Online-First Publication of Chapters: Once the production and proofing loop is completed, the chapter will be published online-first on Springer Nature's online publication webpage SpringerLink http://link.springer.com. At that stage the article is DOI citable. You will be able to access it via your chapter page on METEOR. As author of this project you can also access via METEOR all other online published Springer Nature References.
- Print Publication: The print publication of the volume you contribute to will be finalized once the last chapter of the volume has been reviewed and gone through the production workflow.
- Online Update of Chapters: One copy of the published version of your chapter is re-ingested to METEOR for further updates. The chapter opens up for updates again in METEOR and the status of your chapter changes to ‘Open for Submission’. At this time, you can up-load fresh or updated files, if you wish. The updated and approved chapter will be published as a new version in the living reference version of this project. Editors and authors can submit updates to articles at the pace of science advancement. On behalf of the Editors Palgrave/Springer Nature, we thank you for your contributions. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any queries you might have.
Please keep in mind: the faster you send in your manuscript, the sooner it will be published.
Dr. Rajendra Baikady