DEADLINE: 1 APRIL 2017
Call for Applications in the Joint MA Program in Comparative & Middle East Politics and Society (CMEPS) between the American University in Cairo (Egypt) and University of Tübingen (Germany).
The Department of Political Science at the American University in Cairo and the Institute of Political Science at the University of Tübingen are happy to announce their Fall 2017 admissions cycle for the Joint MA Program in Comparative & Middle East Politics and Society (CMEPS). The final deadline for consideration at AUC is 1 April 2017, while fellowship deadlines vary (see details/link below). Additional funding is available on a competitive basis from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
We are actively recruiting candidates from across the globe with selection based on academic merit, personal qualification and recommendations, as well as motivation for graduate study. While the language of instruction for the program is English, further training is encouraged for Arabic/German-language acquisition to accompany study.
In a nutshell, the Joint MA in CMEPS:
• Consists of up to 20 total spaces (10 each university)
• Is taught completely in English (both in Egypt and in Germany)
• Runs for a total of four full-time academic semesters (two years)
• Is jointly supervised by world-renowned faculty at each university
• Offers in-depth training in both theory and practice, as well as a full-time semester at the partner university
Successful applicants to the CMEPS program are expected to:
• Hold a strong BA degree (or institutional equivalent) in political science or a related social science (such as Middle East or Islamic studies, anthropology, sociology, history, public policy, law, among others)
• Provide evidence of proficiency in English, e.g. TOEFL scores (of at least 90), IELTS (of at least 6.5); other certificates or evidence may suffice.