GTOT 2023 Awards for Outstanding Theses and Dissertations in the Field of Turkic, Ottoman and Turkish Studies
For the third time, the Society for Turkic, Ottoman and Turkish Studies (GTOT) is awarding the GTOT Prize for Outstanding Theses in the Fields of Turkic, Ottoman and Turkish studies to junior researchers.
The authors of the top three M.A. theses will receive 500 Euros each; the best dissertation will be awarded 1,000 Euros. Abstracts of the awarded works will be published in Diyâr. Journal for Ottoman, Turkish and Middle Eastern Studies.
Anyone who completed his or her thesis/dissertation in the fields of Turkic, Ottoman and Turkish studies between 1 May 2020 and 21 December 2022 is eligible to apply. Theses in German, English and French from all European and Turkish Universities are accepted.
The award celebration will be held at the Turkologentag 2023 (21-23 September) in Vienna, Austria.
Send the complete application documents via e-mail (as an attached single PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December 2022.
An award commission will evaluate the submitted applications and select the winners.
- a copy of the Master thesis/PhD dissertation (PDF)
- a copy of the applicant’s diploma
- a copy of the examiner’s report(s) with the recommended grade
- a summary* of the work (M.A.: 4,500 characters, dissertation: 15,000 characters) addressing the main research questions, topics, applied methodology and the most important conclusions
- brief CV of the applicant
- current contact information of the applicant
*Please note that the summaries are central for the pre-selection!
GTOT ensures that the PDF of the submitted thesis/dissertation will only be used to evaluate your application and will not be forwarded to third parties.
More information can be found at http://www.gtot.org/preis/