Please pass the following information along to promising potential applicants!
One of the leading PhD programs and largest faculties in German Studies in North America, the Carolina-Duke Graduate Program in German Studies welcomes applications from highly qualified and talented students from the US, from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and from around the world. Applicants should have a background in German Studies or in a similar field. Students may enroll in our program directly after attaining the Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent), during the course of their Master’s studies, or with a Master’s Degree.
- We guarantee 6 years of funding to students who remain in good standing, including health insurance and tuition in addition to a stipend. Additional summer stipends are guaranteed for the each of the first 5 summers, with the funding in the first 2 provided without a service component. For the remaining summers, competitive research fellowships are available, and stipends for service (generally teaching) are available for those who do not receive fellowships.
- Students work with renowned faculty across methodologies and periods in the German departments at both Duke and the University of North Carolina and in other departments throughout both universities.
- The public-private collaboration allows students to experience teaching in two US systems.
- We have exchange programs with the Freie Universität, the Universität Potsdam, and Universität Tübingen.
- We celebrate the extraordinary success of our graduates on academic and non-academic job markets.
We appreciate your help posting this email to any relevant student lists you are aware of. Potential students should feel free to contact the Directors of Graduate Admissions: Professor Stefani Engelstein (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Professor Priscilla Layne (email@example.com), and/or the students on our contacts page. Please also take a look at our website for more information. There are also pages with FAQ and FAQ for international students.
Deadline for applications: December 13, 2022.
Thank you so much for all your help getting the word out,