Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
The transdisciplinary journal Gender a výzkum / Gender and Research invites submissions for thematic blocks and special issues for the period of 2022–2024. The deadline for proposal submission is 1 September 2021.
Proposals to guest-edit a thematic block or special issue sent to the editorial board of the journal Gender a výzkum / Gender and Research must contain the following information:
- A working title
- A brief outline of the project, focus of the content and context of the topic and its relevance
- Preliminary content of the block/issue (expected number of papers / ratio of contacted authors to papers in the open call / reviews, reports, an interview etc.)
- A list of contacted authors who commit to submit a paper, including a preliminary title and a brief abstract
- Schedule of the issue/block preparation and suggestions related to the distribution of the call through relevant networks
- A brief CV of the proposers, including selected publications and information about editorial experience
Proposals to guest edit may be realized between 2022 (December) and 2024 (June). Based on existing experience the estimated time needed to prepare a thematic issue is 15 to 18 months.
The deadline for proposal submission is 1 September 2021.
Please send your proposals in a single document to the address of the journal’s editorial board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The journal Gender a výzkum / Gender and Research is a scientific transdisciplinary journal of gender studies and feminist theory. The journal is published twice a year by the Institute of Sociology of the Czech Academy of Sciences. It is listed in the SCOPUS, ERIH PLUS, CEJSH and other databases. The journal accepts also submissions outside a special issue on a rolling basis. It publishes articles in Czech or English with gender or feminist perspective in the fields of sociology, philosophy, political science, history, cultural studies, and other branches of the social sciences and humanities. More information is available at: https://www.genderonline.cz