ASMEA 2014 Annual Conference Travel Grant Program
The Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa (ASMEA) is pleased to offer travel stipends of up to $500 to qualified professors and students who wish to participate in the Seventh Annual ASMEA Conference. Titled “Searching for Balance in the Middle East and Africa,” the conference will be held on October 30-November 1, 2014 in Washington, D.C.
Applicants must be engaged in the ongoing study of the Middle East or Africa and enrolled in a Ph.D. program (with M.A. complete), or serve in a post-Doc capacity and seeking an academic career, or serve as a visiting/adjunct/assistant professor teaching two or more courses per semester.
· A paper proposal consisting of a one-page outline of new, unpublished research is required.
· The travel grant may be used for hotel, conference registration, transportation, and related costs.
· Grants are made based on merit and distance from Washington, D.C. Applications from outside the United States are welcome.
· Applicants must be ASMEA members in good standing.
· The deadline for submissions is April 1, 2014.
To learn more about this opportunity, further guidelines, and how to apply, visit here.
For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-429-8860.