MOHA 2020 Conference: Call for Proposals
Michigan Library & Historical Center, Lansing
May 16, 2020
The Michigan Oral History Association is currently seeking proposals for the MOHA 2020 Conference. We welcome proposals for presentations, sessions, and papers on the following types of oral history projects:
- Focused on Michigan, and/or
- Led by Michigan-based scholars
- Research projects (issues analyzed with oral history methods and interviews)
- Collections of oral histories focusing on a particular time period/community/group
The Program Committee seeks a diverse slate of presenters representing a variety of personal and institutional backgrounds, perspectives, and voices. We encourage submission from anyone interested in presenting -- including students, new and seasoned professionals, first-time presenters, and those from allied professions. See our brainstorming Google Sheet below to share ideas and start building possible panels.
Proposals may be one of the following:
- Presentation Panels with up to three PowerPoint presentations (15 minutes per presentation), plus a chair and/or discussant.
- Non-Traditional Panels of 5-8 contributors to a session formatted as a roundtable, lightening round, or Pecha Kucha. In addition to contributors, non-traditional panels may also have one moderator.
- Individual Presentation or Partnered/Panel Presentation on a common theme. An example could be a longer presentation on a case study of a successful oral history project, discussing challenges, successes, methods, and a Q&A.
- Paper Panel with up to three academic papers presented (15 minutes per presentation), plus a chair and/or discussant. Co-authored papers are welcome. If you have a large group of colleagues who want to present papers, divide your group into two panels.
Proposals should include (see accompanying Submission Form):
- “Participant List”
- “Abstracts” (containing type of session format proposed and Session Title, accompanied by a 300-word abstract PLUS all individual paper/contribution titles, each accompanied with a 200-word abstract.
All participants who are accepted into the conference program must become MOHA members by the time of the conference.
PROPOSAL DUE DATE: December 16, 2019
Send your proposal files as email attachments (.docx only please) to Lindsay Hiltunen at email@example.com. Questions may be directed to Ms. Hiltunen by email or by phone at (906) 487-3209.
Request e-copy of Submission Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brainstorming: No sign-on required link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tT8FsPzfSUQobrIDJSr_6c8FN5hvPae9SSGY_yv_yjU/edit?usp=sharing