Welcome to H-Empire, H-Net's network on colonial and imperial studies!
H-Empire seeks to bring together scholars and others interested in sharing resources, research and questions concerning the origin, development, working and decline of empires, rather broadly defined across academic disciplines and professional interests, chronological time periods, and geographical regions.
- Quick guide: How to subscribe, login, post, and reply to H-Empire.
- Questions? Interested in joining the H-Empire team? Contact the editors at email@example.com.
- Interested in reviewing for H-Empire? Complete our survey or the "Volunteering at H-Net" section of your profile.
- Submit new and forthcoming publications to H-Empire editor Juan Meneses.
- Follow us on Twitter @hnetempire.
Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
Nile Green. Bombay Islam: The Religious Economy of the West Indian Ocean, 1840-1915. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2011. xvi + 327 pp. $90.00 (cloth), ISBN 978-0-521-76924-2.
Reviewed by Fahad Bishara (Duke University) Published on H-Empire (September, 2011) Commissioned by Charles V. Reed
Indian Islam in the Age of Industry
Ilya Vinkovetsky. Russian America: An Overseas Colony of a Continental Empire, 1804-1867. Oxford: [Wettingen], 2011. 272 S. $49.95 (cloth), ISBN 978-0-19-539128-2.
Reviewed by Matthew Romaniello (University of Hawaii at Manoa) Published on H-Empire (June, 2011) Commissioned by Charles V. Reed
Meeting Russia’s American Frontier