Welcome to H-Empire, H-Net's network on colonial and imperial studies!
H-Empire seeks to bring together scholars and others interested in sharing resources, research and questions concerning the origin, development, working and decline of empires, rather broadly defined across academic disciplines and professional interests, chronological time periods, and geographical regions.
- Quick guide: How to subscribe, login, post, and reply to H-Empire.
- Questions? Interested in joining the H-Empire team? Contact the editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interested in reviewing for H-Empire? Complete our survey or the "Volunteering at H-Net" section of your profile.
- Submit new and forthcoming publications to H-Empire editor Juan Meneses.
- Follow us on Twitter @hnetempire.
Author’s Announcement: New Book: Shattered Dreams of Revolution: From Liberty to Violence in the Late Ottoman Empire
By Bedross Der Matossian
It gives me great pleasure to announce the publication of my new book Shattered Dreams of Revolution: From Liberty to Violence in the Late Ottoman Empire (Stanford; California: Stanford University Press, 2014).
The book is now available for purchase and course adoption.
From SUP’s website:
A series of guides from the H-Net Help Desk to get started using the new H-Net Commons.
#7: Resetting a Password
Have you lost or forgotten your password? You can set up a new one, just remember to be logged out when you use our reset link to get back in to create it:
Extended Call for Abstracts: Special Issue of Gender & History Volume 28:3 (November 2016) on “Gender and Global Warfare in the Twentieth Century”
The deadline for abstract submissions has been extended to October 31, 2014
Edited by Louise Edwards (UNSW Australia), Martha Hanna (University of Colorado), and Patricia M. E. Lorcin (University of Minnesota).