THE LOST ORIGINAL SURVEY MAPS OF GEORGETOWN
Tiny colonial Georgetown was first laid out not by any surveyor or engineer, but by its town clerk in 1752. His marker posts were soon found to have 'neglects and errors.' Then between 1770 and 1825 Georgetown grew ten times larger through nearly a dozen Additions. These were private land developments that added hundreds of homes to the town - Beall's Addition, Holmead's Addition, Beatty & Hawkin's Addition, Threlkeld's Addition and others.