"Soft Power in Taiwan and Japan: Contesting Visions of Culture and Democracy", a hybrid u:eastasia lecture by Nissim Otmazgin.
“Oceanic Asia: Global History, Japanese Waters, and the Edges of Area Studies,” Ian J. Miller, Nadin Heé, David Howell, Stefan Huebner, Manako Ogawa, Sujit Sivasundaram, Takehiro Watanabe, 5 Oct 2021
- Donaldson on Polk, 'Contagions of Empire: Scientific Racism, Sexuality, and Black Military Workers Abroad, 1898-1948' (H-Diplo)
- Florea on Eckert, 'West Germany and the Iron Curtain: Environment, Economy, and Culture in the Borderlands' (H-Borderlands)
- Smalarz on Gamper-Rabindran, 'The Shale Dilemma: A Global Perspective on Fracking and Shale Development' (H-Pennsylvania)
- Call for Papers: Undergraduate Symposium in Material Culture Studies: Futures? (March 12, 2022 / Abstracts due November 20, 2021) (H-Announce)
- CFP: Book chapters, Unserious Ecocriticism (H-Announce)
- CFP: Workshop on the History of Women, Religion, and Emotions in Modern Germany and Beyond June 24-26, 2022 Berlin, Germany (H-Announce)
Job Guide Posts
Institution: University of PittsburghLocation:...
Institution: Augusta UniversityLocation:...
Institution: University of Dayton, OhioLocation:...